Kefir Related Articles
The world of Kefir
Welcome to the world of kefir located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
I believe you will find this site a simple, useful and resourceful kefir site to help you enjoy making and drinking kefir for the betterment of your health and of those you love.
"A beautifully written book! Very thorough and covers everything you need to know..." - Mrs Ramona R
Want to make kefir confidently?
Find all the needed information
in the ebook below:
Kefir smoothie is one of the healthiest smoothie you can make for yourself and your family.
There are so many different kefir smoothie recipe you can make or create. Depending on how you create it, the smoothie is good not only for drinking, it can turn out to be creamy like an ice cream and great too as a dip for celery sticks or as a potato and egg salad dressing
Let’s just go over the main group of ingredients you can use for a kefir smoothie. You can mix and match to suit your taste, much like mixing and matching pieces of clothing from your wardrobe - a piece of blouse for the top, a pair of trousers or skirt for the bottom, a pair of shoes, accessorize with scarves, ear rings….well, you get the picture!
You are here : Homepage / Make Kefir / Kefir Smoothie
Using the analogy of our wardrobe, these are what you need to have in your to produce a nice healthy kefir smoothie:
Kefir, of course! You can make these at home with live grains or starter culture or purchase ready made ones such as lifeway kefir. If you are too busy to make them, just hop over to our store to pick some up. Alternatively, order some from our products page here.
Types of kefir you can choose to use:
• Milk kefir (cow milk/goat milk)
• Nut (Almond, Hazelnut) milk kefir
• Coconut Milk (or coconut water) Kefir
• Rice Milk Kefir
• Sunflower seeds milk kefir
• Kefir whey (the leftover after you strain the kefir to
make kefir sour cream/cheese)
Tip : If you make kefir in big batches, you can store some as ice cubes. These ice cubes kefir can be used on days you do not have any kefir in your fridge. You will use fresh fruit when you use kefir ice cubes.
List of fruit you can add to kefir to make the smoothie:
• Berries (Strawberry, blueberry, raspberry)
* These fruit can be used either fresh or frozen. It is a good idea to keep bags of frozen fruit when they are in season and cheap. If you use fresh fruit, you can use ice cube kefir or add some ice cubes if you want it to be really a cool dessert.
These are other optionals that you may add to complete your kefir smoothie:
• Vanilla extract
• Chocolate (or cocoa powder)
• Coconut milk
• Peanut Butter
• Sweetener (Dates, palm sugar, coconut sugar,
sucanat, maple syrup, stevia)
These provide an even greater nutrition and flavor to your smoothie:
• A bunch of greens such as spinach. You
can barely taste any greens although the
color of your smoothie may be slightly altered.
• A slice of ginger or pinch of ginger powder
• Chia/Flax seeds
• Cod liver oil
With the ingredients above, you may combine any to your fancy and adjust the sweetness or tartness as you wish! Some basic rules for a delicious smoothie:
1. Ratio of kefir to fruit 1 cup kefir to 1 cup fruit mix (fresh or frozen). Of course, you
can adjust to less fruit in favor of more kefir.
2. Add creamy fruit such as avocado, mango or banana to your fruit mix if you want a
truly creamy and yummy kefir smoothie that taste more like ice cream!
3. If your fruit is naturally sweet, no added sugar is needed.
4. Coconut milk adds richness of the whole smoothie, try it!
In short, to make a kefir smoothie :
Check out 2 more kefir smoothie recipes which I absolutely enjoy here.
All rights reserved