Kefir Related Articles
The world of Kefir
Welcome to the world of kefir located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
I believe you will find this site a simple, useful and resourceful kefir site to help you enjoy making and drinking kefir for the betterment of your health and of those you love.
"A beautifully written book! Very thorough and covers everything you need to know..." - Mrs Ramona R
Want to make kefir confidently?
Find all the needed information
in the ebook below:
Kefir is rich in Vitamin B (folate) and help to relieve all intestinal disorders, promote bowel movement, reduce flatulence and create a healthier inner ecosystem. It effectively cleans the whole body and maintain a good immune system.
Various research on kefir and health using experiments with mice has been performed by scientists in different parts of the world such as Russia, Japan and China. Some of these experiments include feeding kefir grains orally as well as through rectal injections (implants).
However, it appears scientists are not as fast in researching kefir compared to what the everyday lay-person is finding in regards to the many benefits that kefir is providing those many individuals worldwide, and from all corners of life.
It is not surprising that the number of research have been slow, taking in the fact that anyone can make the drink by themselves at home, there is not much commercial value.
Among the clinical researches done, some findings on kefir health benefits include:
1. Allergy prevention and control
2. Inhibits tumor growth
3. Improves lactose digestion for those who are lactose
4. Rats fed with kefir grains reduced their inflammation by 80%
after 2 weeks
5. Reduction in migraine, headaches, anxiety symptoms and a
more restful sleep
6. Kefir grains taken orally prevented fungal infection in human
trials in Russia
7. In Japan, experiments with mice showed that kefir induced a
positive immune response and the size of cancerous tumors
8. Corrects gastric and digestive problems
Personally, I have found drinking kefir to boost my energy level, helps me sleep better and increases my immunity.
My son, when he was 17, used to suffer from morning sinus on most mornings. After receiving encouragement to drink water kefir, he started drinking a glass a day and slowly worked up to 2 to 3 glasses. I observed an improvement in his sinus condition.
Initially, I noticed that some mornings, he had sinus and some mornings, he did not. A few mornings when I saw him having his sinus, I asked him if he drank any kefir the day before and he said no. I believe that drinking kefir has made the difference.
I also noticed that his wind problem (bloated stomach) has improved as well after consuming kefir.
My daughter’s favorite is chocolate kefir. She says it gives her better concentration as well as energizes her. She likes to take it when preparing for examinations.
The word of mouth reports of health benefits derived have been most encouraging.
Personally, I have received reports from people I know who claimed that drinking the water kefir has helped to lower their blood pressure. They had been trying for many years to control their pressure through natural means without success.
Improvement in bowel movements and constipation problem also has been reported to me.
Drinking kefir has also been found to be effective in bringing down 'heatiness', sometimes can be very effective for coughs (as my husband had experienced).
Below is a compilation gathered from various websites that have listed the following kefir health benefits. Though these cannot be verified, it is not surprising that kefir is able to improve various conditions due to the fact that besides being a probiotic source, kefir is an anti-oxidant beverage that contains beneficial enzymes and vitamins.
The list includes:
• Strong natural remedy against any allergy
• Strong natural antibiotic without side effects
• Treats liver disease
• Treats gallbladder, dissolves gall bladder stones
• Clears the body of salts, heavy metals, radionuclides, and alcoholic products
• Cleans the body of chemical antibiotics
• Treats kidney stones
• Good bacteria in kefir are able to fight off pathogenic microorganisms
• Lowers level of LDL cholesterol
• Cleans the gastrointestinal tract
• Irritable Bowel Syndrome
• Treats gastritis
• Treats pancreatitis
• Treats ulcers
• Prevents and treats colon cancer
• Improves digestion
• Improves the body functions
• Improves the human immune system
• Cures Candida
• Cures hypertension
• Stops growth of cancer cells , reduces the size of tumors
• Speeds up healing process
• Treats skin conditions (psoriasis, eczema etc)
• Treats inflammatory diseases
• Treats heart disease
• Reverses calcination of blood vessels
• Clears the blood vessels
• Boosts the bodies energy
• Treats lung infections
• Normalizes metabolism thereby can be used as for weight loss
• Cures acne
• Has anti-oxidants and anti-aging properties
• Nourishes hair
• Treats the gum disease parodontosis
• Lessens effects of medicines
• Replenishes body of good bacteria after antibiotic
• Balances the microflora of the body’s digestive system
• Regulates blood pressure
• Lowers blood sugar
• Lowers blood lipid levels or cholesterol and fatty acids
• Treats constipation and promotes bowel movement
• Treats attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
• Improves the brains neuro functions like reflexes, memory retention, attention, the five senses
• Reduces flatulence
• Treats yeast infection
• Eliminates vaginal odors
• Cures wrinkles
• Treats arthritis
• Treats colitis
• Treats gout
• Cures migraines
• Treats rheumatism
• Treats other stomach disorders
• Detoxifies the body
• Improves protein quality of milk, and enhances absorption and digestion
• Good bacteria manufacture B vitamins such as B3, B6 and folic acid.
• Aids in treating tuberculosis
• Treats stomach cramps
• Treats chronic intestine infections
• Treats liver infections
• Treats asthma
• Treats bronchitis
• Treats sclerosis
• Treats anemia
• Treats hepatitis
• Healing effects on catarrh, digestive nodes, astral nodes, bilious complaints
• Treats leaky gut syndrome
• Prevents metastasis
• Cures bad morning breath
Please note that some conditions are helped not only by the drinking of the kefir beverage but also by the application (applied on skin for skin problems) as well as the ingestion of the kefir grains as well.
Regularly eating of these beneficial microbes is considered of greater importance but this is only possible for those who make kefir at home. If you are serious about trying kefir to help in your health condition, then you need to learn to make kefir at home so that you will have sufficient grains to eat (the grains replicate and you will have extra after a while) as part of your program.
Kefir grains and kefir are useful as functional food to prevent or control common occurring diseases of the modern age. One final note – when new to drinking kefir, do not be alarmed if you seem to suffer from some side effects. Not all will experience this but if you do, know that this is a good problem.
It is highly recommended to consume kefir to replenish good bacteria especially after taking a dose of antibiotics as antibiotics virtually wipes out all good bacteria together with the bad.
Experiment for yourself! Even if you have no specific conditions, adding a superfood will definitely be welcomed by your body.
Please do not treat the information on this page as a diagnosis of your health condition. You must consult with a healthcare practitioner knowledgeable about natural healing to guide and advice you for any specific serious disease you have. It is also recommended that you do your own further research on all the health benefits of kefir. This serves to provide some basic information and is not meant to be taken as a substitute for medical advice from your healthcare consultant.
Some of the information contained above are obtained from various websites sources
(www.yourkefirsource.com, www.users.sa.chariot.net.au, www.kefir.org, www.coproweb.free.fr/kefiranglais.htm)
All rights reserved
Copyright (c) MykefirWorld.com
You are here : Homepage / Kefir health / kefir health benefits
If you have benefitted in any way from kefir, please do share your experience for the benefit of others at the bottom of this page. Thanks!
Please share below how you or your family/friends have benefitted from drinking kefir. Include details such as how long, how often, how much and when you usually drink. Much appreciated by all!
Kefir is known as a superfood. In addition to beneficial bacteria, kefir contains enzymes, antioxidant, vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids that help the body with healing. Regular kefir consumption can maintain good health functions.